A place to vent

Remember opinions matter but they are not facts

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Canon blew me away.



Sensing the photographic industry shift too digital media, I sold off all of my film based cameras and equipment 9 years ago and eagerly watched the development of digital photographic products. Finally its time to jump back in; after much research I acquired the Canon G10. I believe this product delivers the most bang for your buck for the amateur photographer on a budget.

The G10 is so capable that professionals us it as back up equipment. Although its no D-SLR Canon has packed a lot of capability into this little giant.


The Canon D-50 was my next acquisition. Why this "bad boy"? well it's the recent addition to the Canon EOS "pro-sumer" line with some amazing features, it is now a serious class leader based on pixels. Sporting a 15.1 MP CMOS sensor design for higher efficiency the results are stunning. If you are in the market for a new camera or looking to trade up, do not walk past this one. I also suggest the EFS 18-200 mm 3.5 lens to unlock your creative juices.


Some of the features I love are:

1/8000 to 30 sec. + B, X-sync at 1/250 sec.

* ISO settings ranging from 100-1600

* 4 level ISO noise reduction control

* Amazing digital display 640x480 VGA that is 920,000 dot rated

* Extremely rapid USB bus.

* HDMI out

* AF contrast detection and Face Detection while in live view.


On a 5 star rating system I give this a full 5 stars


Now you Nikon fans are probably foaming at the mouth although I love the NIKON brand their was nothing that attracted my dollars in their pro-sumer line. This is just an opinion for what it's worth.